Below are few of must places to visit in Srinagar :
1. Mughal Gardens
2. Dal Lake
3. Pari Mahal : A several hundred years old garden overlooking the Dal lake.
4. Nishant Bagh
5. Shalimar Bagh : The Mughal garden in front of the Dal lake built by Emperor Jahangir.
6. Shankaracharya Temple is situated on the top of the Srinagar city. It looks as if Lord Shiva is looking after the people under his umbrella. More popular amongst Buddhists, this temple has rich heritage and much revered place to visit.
7. Few more gardens include Chashmashahi garden & Nehru garden.
8. Gulmarg : Gulmarg is a town, a hill station, a popular skiing destination and a notified area committee in Baramula district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The town is situated in the Pirpanjal range in the western the Himalayas.
9. Pahalgam: Pahalgam is a town and a notified area committee in Anantnag district of the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir. It is a popular tourist destination and hill station.It is located 45 kilometres (28 mi) from Anantnag on the banks of Lidder River at an altitude of 7,200 feet (2,200 m). Pahalgam is the headquarters of one of the five tehsils of Anantnag district. Pahalgam is associated with the annual Amarnath Yatra. Chandanwari, located 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from Pahalgam is the starting point of the yatra that takes place every year in the months of July-August.
1. Only Post paid sim cards work in Jammu & Kashmir.Pre Paid won't work here.
2. A Shikara ride & Houseboat stay(at Dal Lake) is recommended. Stay in a houseboat in Dal Lake is one of the most amazing experience Srinagar has to offer.
4. Houseboats on Nagin lake are upscale and more expensive but are much more beautiful, and the Nagin lake location is serene.